Underdogs, as I sit here writing this blog post, I currently have 9000 comments in my spam folders! 9000 comments! Of course, weeding them out is very hard and very time consuming. I hate to miss the comments that are actually real because you took the time to address something, or ask me a question. I guess the spammers cared enough about pretending to care and commented on posts, and on photos in order to get something across that has nothing to do with me or this site. It comes with the game of blogging, so that isn’t an issue. It’s just strange. I thought I would take the time to address some of the strange comments and questions that I get from the Spam blocker, because some of them are very strange. So very strange!
*Affiliate Link Disclaimer: See Promotions Page for more info:
For those of you who are actual fans, and real readers, I love you all so much. I’m so sorry it has been harder than normal to get to your comments recently. One spammer got in and boy do they like the sound of their own voice. I go through each one to make sure I’m not missing my normal comments. I love your thoughts and your questions. These are just some terrible examples of the thousands of questions I get asked in the spammed comments. It’s not fair to anyone, so maybe this can put an end to the overuse of the same crazy questions over and over again. I have a feeling it won’t, but I’m hoping those people actually take the time to read this and direct their comments here! I love my followers, and my fans. Thank you for being there for me. I hope this doesn’t come across as bitter. It’s just a huge waste of time in order to continue to write, and get to you, the real readers, who leave the real comments. Spam should only be a food that is wildly debated, not something that we have to weed through!
- I am female. I have been addressed as sir, or mister way too much. Look at my page, you can see I’m a woman.
- I will not give out any tech advise. I don’t have any tech training, so if you want help, I would ask a professional company.
- Please stop telling me my last post , or my last several posts sucked when you are commenting on a photo. If you have actual reasons why they sucked, can you at least care enough to let me know what articles and give me examples of why.
- Stop asking me for to help you find a professional writer. What do you think I am?
- Stop leaving me random stories about Jesus, or even worse, little creepy stories about kids talking to their parents about Jesus which sounds more like a horror story than anything.
- While I love the compliments about how, “you guys run the page,” it’s all me. I do everything so there is no crew. That is why I don’t talk about anyone else and not give any credit to anyone else. It’s not because I’m being rude, it’s because it’s all done by me.
- If you are going to post how much a post moved you, make sure it’s on something that makes sense. For example, don’t tell me that you have been researching for 3 days on the topic of what my 100th post was on my blog. Or how the post I put up about being gone on vacation but would be back in a week changed your whole life. At least try to pretend to read these things!
- If you are commenting on one post, but asking me about a previous post from a few days ago, can you help me with which post you are talking about? It would be nice to give me a title, or a description of the blog post. Otherwise, I will just think it is another Spam bot.
- I am not an expert on themes. I work with a company that has templates. I would ask your current blog hosts for help on your themes.
- My contact information is on the website. (I may repeat this a few times.)
- I am a poor speller. The dialect I use matches not only my country, but the states I grew up around. I can see why this can be confusing.
- I am a blogger running my own empire here. It is a learning curve and if I stop learning, I stop growing. I will make mistakes. You people doing spam need to step it up too!
- Keeping that in mind: I do not accept unsolicited articles or posts. I will not edit, or improve your work. I will not suggest themes, photos, or anything like that unless you hire me for a job. Time is money and not to be rude, but I’m not going to spend my time doing something for you for free. Let’s all be blunt here, we all have to make money. Our time is worth being paid.
- One of my personal favorite comments says, “I’m not sure where you get your information…but…” There is this little thing called research. You can also follow the links provided in many of the articles where you can find supporting material for the article. I research everything. I can make mistakes like any human, but each blog post takes hours of research before even starting a first draft.
- I don’t know anything about online grants. I’m sorry, I can’t help you. This is a blog about conspiracy theories, supernatural, and lifestyle. I have no idea what you are talking about.
- I don’t know anything about AOL.
- If you want me to contact you, please provide your contact information on the Contact Me page.
- If you want to use part of my blog, then use the contact me form.
- If you want to collaborate, there is also a tab for that, or use the Contact Me form.
- I didn’t realize how many hours are spent looking for ways to make simple peanut butter cookies. I see there has been over 1000 hours of research on this very topic according to your comments.
I am going to randomly answer some of these strange questions. Especially the ones that are out of left field. For example, asking me if I know the bottom line of a supply running about in a post about cats. It’s so much to take in, but keep your eye out on the comments. Some of these Spam comments are so bad, they are good and deserve a glance. So Spammers who aren’t actually bots, here is some advice for you. If you are going to comment about how life changing something is, please make sure the article matches your words. Actually, make sure that your comments match the blog post in the first place. While it’s nice to name your source of how you got to my blog, such as Google or Bing, it doessn’t mean it’s a real comment. I don’t need to know about how your brother’s cousin’s uncle’s next door neighbor and you were doing research about this very topic and finally found it on my site. But you post on a photo, or a blog that was about cereal. Try to at least pretend you have read any article that I have posted. I work hard, I expect your Spam to be worth my hard work. Do better! Try harder. Or better yet, leave this page alone so my real fans, all 3 of them, can leave real comments, not a whole bunch of the same comments right down to the spelling errors, posted over and over again.
Peace, get out!