Hello everyone! I hope you are ready for a safe holiday season. Please make sure that you do the safe thing this year, and do not drink and drive. Nothing is worth your life, or the life of another person. This is a fun post for me. I check and see what I predicted last year and see if anything was correct. If not, no biggie. This is for fun! If you would like to check out my new Etsy shop which includes a reading that isn’t for funsies, then take a look at the link at the end of this post.
Disclaimer: This post features affiliate links. For more information, see the Promotions page.
- I will get this whole hosting thing figured out, or I will move to another host after my paid time with them is done. Nope, in fact, it is much worse!
- The Gov. Shutdown will not end until mid Feb. It’s going to be a rough one folks, so hold on tight! I was close. It ended on 1/25/19.
- You will start to see more “legit” people turning to a freer expression via YouTube. This has been happening slowly, but you will start to see some pretty big singers and other stars get ultra famous via YouTube. I would say sort of to this prediction. There are more people utilizing YouTube now more than ever, including very famous people. However, the YouTubers who have been around for awhile really have made their passion into a legit art, and much better than shows produced on TV.
- There will be some sort of controversy with Rice Krispies! Sort of on this one as well. If you are a die hard Rice Krispies Treat fan, then you may be in for a shock! They were not meant to have marshmallows in them! It was supposed to be the Fluff.
- A major toothpaste company will go bankrupt. Yes, the brand that makes AIM toothpaste filed.
- Bacon will again be the cause of all evil, before everything bad said about it will be taken back again, and it should be something in your diet. Leave bacon alone, folks! Yes, that kind of went without saying.
- Britney Spears will have a major comeback. For some unknown reason, have a soft spot for Britney Spears. In 2019, she had some scares with her mental health, but overall, is doing very well in her Las Vegas show. It has constantly sold out.
- You will start hearing a lot of covers of Hair Band songs from the 1980’s. Weezer: Africa by Toto remake. Need I say more?
- There will be a musical based very loosely off the band U2, and their music will be used. Currently being produced in Ireland.
- There will be a brand new Law and Order TV series. No, but SVU is still on, and that is pretty amazing!
- 3 of the 4 prequels for The Song of Ice and Fire will be green lighted. The 4th will be picked on up a never done before series on YouTube. Yes and No. The Long Night, code named Blood Moon was made into a pilot but was scrapped. The same day, HBO announced “House of the Dragon,” without any real start. One more remains, but people believe it will be the Dunk and Egg stories, which should make it to HBO, if not Hulu or Amazon. I think we will still see some more of a fleshed out version of Blood Moon.
- You will see a huge return to the kitchen. More meal kits will be sold encouraging people to make food from home. This will also make people much more interested in cooking, and more “vintage recipes” will be making a come back. People are going to be looking for their grandparent’s recipes now more than ever. This will be a huge return to cooking more and more from scratch. Yes, meal kits really have inspired people to go back to cooking. Grocery stores are also making their own version of the kits. There are more and more people cooking “vintage recipes,” than they have in the recent past. I think this trend will continue.
- The “traditional” family unit will be gone in the USA. This means that more extended families and even friends will be living under the same roof. This is mostly for money reasons, but also people are realizing it takes a village to live a good life, raise children, and reach goals. It will no longer be strange to live with your parents, and your Aunt, and your a best friend. A study came out in 2019 showing that this is, in fact, very true. Not only can’t people afford to live alone anymore, but people are finding that creating their own family unit leads to more happiness and a longer life. It’s a community.
- There will be a huge surge in youth groups. Kids are wanting to find different ways to express themselves and groups for both boys and girls will be huge this year! According to a September 19th, 2020 article done by Global Teen, youth groups and youth activism have risen quite a bit this year.
- There will be a strike with doctors and health care workers. This strike will divide the lines between those who are there to make money, and those who are there to actually help. It will last no longer than 13 days, but the impact will change the way the medical field will be handled in the USA. No, but I still think this could come.
- Hand in hand with the strike, people will start suing insurance companies because they are being denied too much. Customers will realize they aren’t doctors, and they shouldn’t have to fight for testing and treatment. This will last about 8 years before getting figured out. There will be thousands of lawsuits. Still no, but updated my thoughts on this on my new article.
- MTV will have a retro week where they only play music videos and nothing else. This will become more of an annual thing. I was way off on this!!
- An undiscovered song will be found by either Elvis or the Beatles. It will be an extreme rough cut, but it will be a profound song. Kind of on this one as well. In November of 2019, an album was released called, “The Elvis is Back Sessions.” This includes different versions of songs. However, this doesn’t count as something new.
- NASA will make an emergency announcement for the first time ever. Nope!
- Some news will come out about the murder of a famous singer. This could be Jam Master Jay, Kurt Cobain, or Biggie Smalls. No new information, but a huge surge in shows about Jam Master Jay, Biggie Smalls, and Tupac. A new series on Netflix will be airing about Kurt Cobain. We are still in the dark, but the truth is hidden in plain sight.
Lisa’s Etsy Shop Link: https://www.etsy.com/shop/LimasLovelies
Save some money on your 2020 Celebration! https://amzn.to/2s9VYwA