It’s that time of year again for me, when I gain another year, and probably will gain several more pounds after I am done with this list! There are actually several places out there that will give you free, or deeply discounted items on your birthday! This has come in handy for many reasons. First, it is nice to be able to treat yourself with some fun and free items on your birthday. Many of these offers are available the entire month of your birthday, while others will expire faster. Secondly, this is great for other people. I have found myself being broke most of my life and can’t buy my friends and loved ones gifts. This is a way that I can still get them a present either by getting them free food, or something on a discount. Some of these offers require a purchase of a drink which is something I can do even when I’m scary broke.
I recommend that if you decide to sign up for these freebies, do yourself a favor and get a separate email account. Not only will you get these free offers, but most likely you will get many other offers in your inbox that are both great coupons, and some ads. There are many free hosting sites to take advantage of so I suggest that you do so in order to not clog up your normal inbox. This would also be a great place for you to sign up for other offers that you might want such as newsletters. I also suggest doing research in your local areas for any birthday items they may have that aren’t a chain. It’s always good to give some love to your local places!
*** I am not sponsored by any of these places. I am just spreading the love for some free items on your birthday! If you want to sponsor me, I am open to it though! Not all of these work in your area even if there is a branch of the restaurant close to you. Do your research while signing up because most have disclaimers. These are the ones that have worked for me unless stated otherwise. Don’t forget to check your junk folder because your email may have gone there and your free item might go unnoticed!
1. Arby’s: One free shake on your birthday. You will also get many other offers and freebies for your local Arby’s, so pay attention. Right away, you will get a free Roast Beef sandwich with a purchase of a drink. http://arbys.com/get-deals/
2. Baskin Robbins: One free 2.5 oz scoop of ice cream….AND a discount on a birthday cake! Just join their birthday club by filling out their form. https://www.baskinrobbins.com/content/baskinrobbins/en/signin.html
3. Chili’s: Free desert or app on your birthday. This is not available in every area, and it’s not in mine! Sad face, but here is the link to sign up for the email club: https://www.chilis.com/register
4. CVS: $3.00 off via Extra Care Beauty. You will need to sign up for their free card which is a great way to get points and save money at CVS. It is free to sign up and it’s always nice to get discounts. https://www.cvs.com/promo/promoLandingTemplate.jsp?promoLandingId=join-beautyclub
5. Dairy Queen: Free Blizzard with a purchase of a Blizzard. Join the fan club, but not available in all areas. https://www.dairyqueen.com/us-en/Blizzard-Fan-Club/
6. Disney Movie Rewards: Get 100 points on your birthday to go towards many items on the Disney Movie Reward site. Sign up: http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/
7. Dunkin Donuts: One free drink on your birthday, plus one free drink for signing up for the free account. You don’t need to have a gift card, but it does help you get more offers. You will get offers and coupons. https://www.dunkindonuts.com/en/dd-perks
8. Firehouse Subs: Sign up for their reward program online or via their app and get a free sub on your birthday. You will also earn reward points for every purchase. It doesn’t say what kind of sub or what size. https://www.firehousesubs.com/firehouse-rewards/
9. Gigi’s Cupcakes: A personal favorite of mine! You can’t beat a free cupcake on your birthday. You will also earn rewards towards more free cupcakes! It’s a win-win! https://gigiscupcakesusa.com/
10. IHOP: Free birthday pancakes and more! Sign up for their free Pancake Revolution: http://www.ihop.com/pancake-revolution
11. Jason’s Deli: $5.00 coupon when you sign up for their mailing. Make sure that you read through the bullet points and sign up for their birthday club and enter in your birth date! http://www.jasonsdeli.com/about-us/sign
12. Kohls: $10.00 off coupon which will be mailed or emailed to you before your birthday. Sign up for the Yes2You Rewards here: https://www.kohls.com/feature/rewards.jsp\
13. McCalister’s Deli: $5.00 coupon on your birthday plus other offers will be emailed to you. You will also get a free cookie offer after signing up! http://mcalister.fbmta.com/members/UpdateProfile.aspx?Action=Subscribe&InputSource=W
14. Olive Garden: Free desert up to $10.00 emailed to you 6 days before your birthday…AND a free app or desert for signing up to their email club. You also have the choice to sign up for other sister restaurant sites as well. Sign up here: https://www.olivegarden.com/customer-service/joineclub-step1
15. Panera Bread: Free birthday treat and rewards towards free and discounted product when you sign up for My Rewards There is also an app for your phone. I have gotten a lot of use out of this reward program including one month with a free bagel every single day!! https://www.panerabread.com/en-us/company/meet-mypanera.html
16. Sephora: If you join the free Beauty Insider program, then you can get a free birthday gift during your birthday month. You will also get offers and reward points: Sign up here: https://www.sephora.com/profile/beautyInsider/?om_mmc=aff-linkshare-redirect-1EJqTwLQbuk
17. Starbucks: One free drink or food item. You will need a gift card for this, and your free item will be loaded to that card! This will expire the day after your birthday, so pay attention! I advise keeping your card registered to get deals! There is also an app. https://www.starbucks.com/card/rewards/rewards-program-ts-and-cs
18. The Container Store: If you sign up for their POP program, you will get an email with a free offer for a sticky pad! https://www.containerstore.com/pop/
19. Steak and Shake: If you join their eClub, you will get a coupon for a free surprise. Many times, it is a free meal without the drink. http://www.steaknshake.com/eclub
20. Ulta: If you join Ulta Rewards, you will get extra points and a coupon for a free birthday gift. http://www.steaknshake.com/eclub
So, there was a very small list of items that you can get on your birthday! Do your research and see what your local options are as well. Another tip is if you travel and have reward points on airlines, check with them because you might get extra points. If you happen to be staying in a hotel during or close to your birthday, let them know. They might do something for you from an upgrade, to a discounted service.
Remember, you might have to show an ID at some of these places to get your free item. You will have to print off the coupons so if you don’t have access to a printer, go to your library! Make sure you follow up on your emails. They will send you links to confirm your account and this is how they get your birthday or mailing information. This is important, or you could miss out! Read your coupons carefully because it might require a purchase such as a buy one, get one, or you might need to purchase a beverage. Pay attention to the expiration date because some of them will not be the entire month, but only on your birthday. Most of all, explore these offers, and have some fun!